Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Make sure you analyse the question well and paraphrase it in then the introduction. This kind of question asks about the pros and cons and a significant word let me reveal “ outweigh“. The question asks if advantages are stronger than the disadvantages which means you have to give your opinion here.
Some students just come up with the advantages only but it is a approach that is wrong you might lose marks. The essay will need balance. The first body paragraph could be concerning the upside therefore the second body paragraph may be concerning the downsides with your opinion through the entire whole essay.
Plenty of students neglect to give their opinion in this sort of essay, or maybe they simply give their opinion briefly when you look at the conclusion. Your role must be clear through the essay.
1. Analyse the question well then paraphrase it. Write your opinion in the thesis statement. 2. Make sure you state your opinion within the introduction, main body and also the conclusion. 3. Give specific examples throughout the essay but be mindful of giving information that is too much. Ensure that it it is simple and usually do not overly complicate it. 4. Be sure the essay is balanced, not just currently talking about advantages only.
Listed below are 2 structures that are possible this type of task:
Note: Structures are only guidelines to help you plan your essay out, there is absolutely no special magic structure that may allow you to get a Band 7, there are numerous techniques to structure an essay.
Many people genuinely believe that consumption tax on food items is a good solution to raise revenue when it comes to government.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the policy
This type of essay will not ask for the opinion, it really is a lot more like a discussion essay you can see that the question does not ask : Do you think…? or Do you agree or disagree… so you need to write about pros and cons,? / What is the opinion ? And this just isn’t asking a opinion that is direct.
First analyse the question and paraphrase it then. The essay has to just be well balanced like in example 1 with explanations regarding how its an edge or disadvantage. Don’t just talk about advantages, give both sides into the essay. The conclusion is merely a summary of the points which you produced in the human body paragraphs.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one example of the benefits in main body paragraph 1, after that provide one example associated with disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Do not give your opinion that is personal because question will not ask for this. 4. Give good examples through the entire essay but be mindful of giving a lot of information. Ensure that it stays simple, be careful about giving examples that are too many. 5. Be sure the essay is balanced, not only writing about advantages only.
The following is a structure that is good this sort of task:
These days with advances in technology greater numbers of individuals are working from home.
Talk about the pros and cons for this and give your personal opinion
This essay type is fairly comparable to example 1, here you must give your opinion and discuss the pros and cons, the main distinction compared to example 1 is the fact that it will not mention the word outweigh. The thing that is main watch out for may be the words Discuss and Give your own personal opinion. The same as in example 1 you need to paraphrase the question, give a approach that is balanced the main body paragraphs and provide your opinion within the introduction and again in the conclusion.
The examiner needs to see your opinion through the essay that is whole.
1. Analyse the question well then paraphrase it. 2. Give one example of the benefits in main body paragraph 1, after that give one of these of this disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Make sure you state your opinion when you look at the introduction, main body therefore the conclusion. 4. Give specific examples when you look at the essay but be mindful of giving a lot of information. Ensure that it it is simple. 5. make certain the essay is balanced, not only currently talking about advantages only.
What structure must I use?
Structures are simply guidelines to help you plan out your essay , there is no special magic structure that can enable you to get a high score. I would recommend 2 body paragraphs for this types of essay but https://professionalresumesolutions.com you can use 3 body that is main if you want, a maximum of that.
- In main body paragraph 1 it is possible to write about a benefit and explain it further, always remember to give a typical example of the advantage. When possible come up with the outcome associated with advantage. Main body 2 is the identical, write on one disadvantage with examples and details.
- You have to give your opinion within the introduction if the question asks for the opinion. It is possible to use the main body paragraphs to back your opinion up. You ought to rephrase your view in the conclusion also.
Heavily weighed to keep in mind. Usually do not give examples that are too many you could set off track, adhere to one advantage and another disadvantage and write about those. You haven’t got time and energy to get into too much detail or into tangents, don’t try to impress the examiner with too much information.
Plan your essay well, set aside ten minutes planning time, think of at least one supporting point for the topic sentence in each main body paragraph.