It absolutely was Flag Day today and MPR’s Nikki Tundel papers exactly just how individuals celebrated the nation’s banner in this slideshow that is impressive.
And in addition, a lot of those who are, without doubt, patriotic in their love for the banner, nonetheless assaulted it during the time that is same.
Listed below are a few examples from Nikki’s slideshow and recommendations to your U.S. Flag Code.
1) The banner should not be utilized as using attire, bedding, or drapery.
We could quibble about what makes a bit of fabric a banner but by using blue, atart exercising . movie stars, and red-and-white stripes and intend it to symbolize the US banner, you ought ton’t put it on.
2) The banner should not have put upon it, nor on any section of it, nor mounted on it any mark, insignia, page, term, figure, design, image, or drawing of any nature.
3) The banner should never be utilized to promote purposes in every manner whatsoever.
4) it will never ever be festooned, drawn right back, nor up, in folds, but constantly permitted to fall free.
5) marketing indications shouldn’t be fastened to an employee or halyard from which the banner is flown.
6) whenever presented either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union must be uppermost also to the flag’s right that is own that is, to your observer’s left.
7) The banner should essay writer not touch such a thing beneath it, including the ground, a floor, water, or product.
In regards to the writer
Bob Collins had been with Minnesota Public broadcast from 1992-2019. He had been senior editor of news into the ’90s, went MPR’s unit that is political developed the MPR News regional website, created the favorite choose an applicant, started a few blog sites, and each day lamented that their Minnesota Fantasy Legislature task never caught on.
This has to be stated and stated usually!